Regardless of the kind of business you are running, if it is something that requires a lot of cash, and maybe even credit card transactions, having a point of sale or POS system can be a very important asset for your company. A POS system is a devoted software and computer hardware that allows employees or the management to ring up purchases of customers, inventory tracking, accepting credit card transactions, transmitting food orders directly to the kitchen and cash register, and generating sales, among others.
- Latest Technology: Some pos software vendors offer cloud-based computing software. This means that the software can be used from any of the following gadgets ie. Computers, mobiles, tablets, etc. This is possible due to integration with the server that is externally handled. Many point of sale software can be installed across different platforms (Windows, Linux, Mac operating systems) allowing the customers to have access to different store locations if they have many. The software is helpful in both touch screen and touch screen hardware systems and has the ability to open multiple screens to enable smooth sales.
- Automation benefits: Automation of discounts/schemes is possible without any hassles. VAT automation is possible. Point of sale system and store credit accumulation history is saved and can be used over a period of time.
- Efficiency aspects: You can have a look at a consolidated list of items. The serial number tracking system is possible. Payment options are available for credit card processing. The software allows the employees and manager to view, print, copy and void receipts/sales. Printing of invoices/purchase orders becomes quicker with this software’s integration with different points of purchase. Several kinds of reports can be generated. These reports can even be exported in a word, pdf or excel file formats. In-store management in terms of accounts and invoices is also a great helpful feature. Pricing labels can be picked up with barcodes. Some software generates barcodes also. Sales history and store management can be reviewed anytime. The list of vendor items and manufacturer items are handled separately helping in managing items effectively.
- Installation and Technicalities: Backup worries or data loss are nil in case of cloud computing POS software. This gives you better reliability feature. Some software does not require setup or installation to start the software. This is a boon for small retailers.
- Customization for Customer care: Customization of invoices/bills is possible with software. Some point of sale software allows multiple users/login. This makes it easier for store staff and managers to check-in the store inventory and sales details at their own time. The software can track birthdays/anniversaries of staff as well as customers to give a personal touch. Emails can also be sent to the customers to update them about offers, schemes or the festive season sale. Club members get the benefit of recurrent billings that are saved. Promotion code can be tracked and used. Gift cards/ Gift receipts can be added to the billing to avail of the benefits. Loyalty program management gets streamlined in the system giving better results in customer care. Generating cards/membership for the customers as possible.
If you enjoyed reading this article, please recommend and share it to help others find it!